Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Who's Viewed Me on Facebook?

(The InitialChatFriendsList Way)

It seems like the most frequently asked question of the last decade was “Who is viewing my FB profile?" rather than "How can we end world hunger?" Well, after all the trouble you've gone through in setting up what you feel is the best representation of yourself, why would you not want to know who has seen it?

I came across this article recently that talks about how you will be able to see who's viewed your profile in FB and the result shocked me. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to go about just that

1. Right-click on any empty part of your facebook profile

2. Choose "View Page Source" or something like that

3. On the new tab that opens, press CTRL+F or find

4. Paste "initialchatfriendslist" and hit "Enter"






5. All the set of numbers that you will see represents a facebook user profiles. Copy them one by one. (Don't copy the -0.-1 and -2 after each set of numbers)

6. Paste them one by one to the address bar. It should look like this


7. Hit "Enter" on the Keyboard

VOILA! The user profile will be revealed. Do the same to the rest of the number sets.

I was able to make few friends to entrust their accounts to me as part of my experiment. Though there are also some who did not, of course, it could be because they are worried about their privacy. Anyway, so here it goes.
I made an experiment to see if the result is really accurate, I mean if the result really shows your latest visitors. So here are the top 10 on my list of what is supposed to be my last visitors on my fb page:

1. My sister whom I had exchange of conversation many times yesterday (number two yesterday)
2. My kumare is in number two today. I visited her page twice and messaged her many times yesterday (number 10 yesterday)
3. My close friend whom I had a short conversation with yesterday (number 4 yesterday)
* 4. My auntie who tagged me today. (She's not in my top 10 list yesterday)
5. My church mate. I had a very short conversation with her yesterday (number 11 yesterday)
* 6. My highschool classmate whom I hadn't seen for quite long. Our last conversation was last two months ago (not in my top 10 list yesterday)
*7. My mom. I did not message her yesterday (not in the top 10 list yesterday)
8. My high school classmate. I had a very short conversation with her yesterday (not in my top 10 list yesterday)
9. My brother. We had a short exchange of ideas yesterday (number 7 yesterday)
10. An old friend. We had a short conversation the other day (number 5 yesterday)

The first three and last three on the result are people whom I talked with yesterday. So does it mean that the list is about the people whom I talked with the most yesterday?  What about number 4? I did not chat with her yesterday but she tagged me on her photo. Also, on number 6 is a high school classmate whom I never talked with for few months. And what about number 7 - my mom, whom I did not messaged in FB yesterday because we talked personally? So there is a big possibility that number 4, 6 and 7 indeed visited my profile page.

Enough of the confusion, here is my conclusion

First of all, friendster is not as strict as facebook that is why Friendster managed to dominate Asia before. When it comes to privacy, facebook is very strict. After all, it is primarily created for educational purposes. Some experts say that there is no way to see who visits your facebook profile and some says there are clues just like the procedure discussed above. Though we cannot really conclude what the list is all about, just keep in mind these important points and let yourself decide.
Facebook gives points to people whom you have interacted with. We are not sure how many points but it could be like 400 points for people who tagged you, 700 points for people who messaged you, 300 points for people who viewed you, etc. And the more interactions the user had with you, the better they will rank on the list.

It's pretty amazing and scary at the same time how much information Facebook got from you. Before concluding your crush is spying on you, it pays to make your own experiment.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Write your comments here!

Recent Posts

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Facebook Themes